Imagine what it would feel like to drive the ball 20, 30, or even 40 yards past your buddies. They may ask you what driver you are using, or if you’ve been taking a lot of lessons. And while properly fitting equipment and instruction are key elements to good golf, even more, important is how well the person who swings the club moves.
“Like so many others I took regular golf lessons but resisted the notion that I was out of shape. I have been working with Brett for 3 years and now understand what I believe to be true for virtually every golfer over age 50, namely that we are physically unable to reproduce the swing the way our pros are teaching us.” __Mark Cusick
- Our hips (more specifically, hip internal rotation)
- Our thoracic spine (the part where your ribs are attached)
- Our shoulders (both up and down and in external rotation)
- Our neck (it needs to move well from side to side)
If you struggle with 2 or more of these mobility screens it will be difficult for you to be consistent, add distance to your swing, and more importantly, stay in the game because your likelihood of injury will be high.
- 90% of the compensations in your swing will come from failing these tests.
As a golf performance specialist I’m not trying to make you look better, I’m trying to make you move better so you can play better!
Don’t just think of the screens as a pass or fail, but rather a starting point from which we begin and can measure progress.
- reduce your likelihood of injury, thereby giving you the potential for more years playing golf.
- with the right drills, and practice, help you overcome the undesirable swing problems you may be experiencing giving you the potential for more yards and more fun.
***Aspire to the future version of yourself.
More than anything else I love to hear about my clients’ successes. It’s why I work so hard on my craft. I want my clients to Play Golf Better!
“Hi, Brett. Thanks to all your training and fitness, I was able to win one of our club’s majors. This one is for you too. Thanks, coach.”__Tom H., NYC